FC Boulder seeks a versatile, results-oriented professional to join our team. We are hiring a Girls Competitive Director of Coaching. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
We are a youth soccer organization and believe that participation in the game of soccer can produce joy and fulfillment that may be found in few other places. We embrace the way the game builds strong and healthy bodies, develops the minds of young players, and nurtures emotional wellbeing. We believe that the game of soccer can foster connection, pride and growth in individual players, with teams and throughout the larger community. Learn more about FC Boulder and our programs atfcboulder.com. Learn more about the values that guide our club atfcboulder.com/our-club/our-mission-values.
We provide a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, a fun team to work with, and a positive workplace for supporting your career development.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
*Communication of the training philosophy and curriculum guidelines to all coaches and players in the 11U-19U Girls age groups.
*Observe coaches’ work with teams and players, and sharing in observations and evaluations of coaches’ growth and development.
* Develop and implement training methodologies, schedules, routines, and structures to enhance Boulder’s ability to develop youth players within the Club’s system.
* Generate enthusiasm amongst the players and coaches with the 11U-19U Girls age groups.
* Work collaboratively with other program directors to recruit, hire and retain coaches of the highest quality – both professionally and personally.
* Ensure that all FC Boulder players, coaches and teams receive resources and support as expected and outlined in the Club’s program guidelines.
* Monitor player development and player evaluations of each player in the 11U-19U Girls age groups.
* Facilitate player movement as appropriate between teams and between age groups through communication with the player, the parents and the coaches.
* Coordinate the player placement and team formation processes for all teams in the 11U-19U Girls age groups including oversight of the placement process, player selection, team formation, parent notification and coach communications.
* Engage parent feedback and concerns; provide mediation between parents and coaches as appropriate.
* Facilitate individual and team appeals re: disciplinary actions, league alignment and tournament entry for all 11U-19U Girls teams.
* Assist coaches and team managers with the selection of appropriate tournaments.
* Participate in the Club’s coaching education program for all recreational and competitive coaches in the 4U-19U age groups.
* Proactively track member satisfaction and intercede as appropriate in order to provide all members with an overall positive soccer experience.
* Along with the 9U-10U Juniors Program Director and the Director of Coaching for Recreation Soccer, monitor the development of players in the younger age groups.
* Oversee and manage the work performed by all coaches in the Girls’ Competitive Program
* Serve as head coach of FC Boulder Competitive Girls’ team(s) as duties allow.
* USSF C License or higher or NSCAA equivalent * College Degree: minimum of Bachelor’s Degree Required * Coaching Experience: Director of Coaching experience preferred or a minimum of five (5) years coaching youth
Abilities and Attributes:
* Demonstrates leadership qualities * Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills * Excellent organizational and time management skills * Ability to motivate youth players and coaches and colleagues * Possess integrity, humbleness, motivation, courage and a joy for the game * Committed to working a non-traditional work schedule * Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and social media * Ability to communicate with the Executive Director and colleagues a vision for future club success
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary based on experience and benefits package including paid vacation and health/dental/vision benefits available after 30 days.
FC Boulder is a special organization. We are more than a collection of teams wearing the same color jersey;
we are an organization with a unique culture and a compelling set of values. We intend to provide a context through which our membership experiences the joy and inspiration that this great game of soccer can provide.