The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking well-qualified individuals for, Ticket Sales Representatives.
1. Sell season tickets, corporate packages, mini plans, single game, groups and promotional offers for all sporting events.
2. Call current and past customers and cold-call new sales leads to generate sales.
3. Contact area businesses and individuals via phone, in-person appointments and networking events to sell season, corporate, partial and group ticket plans.
4. Work home games, performing various ticket sales and service duties throughout the game.
5. Cultivate relationships to encourage repeat business through providing excellent customer service.
6. Achieve and exceed sales goals established by management.
7. Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing and new customers.
8. Provide superior customer service to clients throughout the season.
9. Accurately enter data into databases and systems. Regularly communicate and report individual sales progress.
10. Work collaboratively with marketing and ticket operations to provide input on sales and messaging calendars. Writes and proofreads copy.
11. May assist Athletics Development team by reaching out to contacts, offering opportunities for donor donations/fundraising.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This position has weekly sales targets that will be measured and evaluated regularly.
Apply at: https://jobs.utsa.edu/
- One year of experience in ticket sales and/or customer service (Will consider paid or unpaid internship). - Ability to recognize and capitalize on opportunities to strategize on sales with customers. - Experience with customer relationship management - Excellent Interpersonal Skills - Criminal Background Check (CBC) - Knowledge of or ability to learn and understand policies of the NCAA, Conference USA and University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Graduated High School or completed GED
-Two years of paid experience in ticket sales and/or service. -Experience working with ticket seasons, packages, inventory and pricing. -Experience in ticket sales systems related to a professional sports and/or college athletics environment
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas Syste...m and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.