Assistant Athletic Director Facilities/Game Management
Serve as a game manager for intercollegiate events as assigned as well as assist with oversight of varsity/visiting team practices, special events, outside rentals, camps, clinics, tournaments, and championships hosted by the Department of Athletics. All duties will be performed in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to compliance with NCAA, Big East, Hockey East, and Providence College rules and regulations.
1. Coordinate and supervise intercollegiate athletic events as assigned. Oversee game day staff, work with other department staff (i.e. Sports Information, Marketing), work with other campus departments (i.e. Physical Plant, Safety & Security), as well as outside vendors, and game officials. Assist with the staffing and scheduling of student workers. Train game day staff. Assist with physical setup and breakdown of events as needed. Resolve complaints or problems that arrive during events.
2. Assume a leadership role in communications with visiting teams. Ensure the departments “Visiting Team Guide” is up-to-date with accurate information, and distribute to teams prior to their games. Assist teams with bus drop-off and pick-up, parking, locker room assignments, practice times, and any other needs they may have.
3. Assist in the scheduling of games and practices in athletic facilities. Work with coaches to ensure their schedules are up-to-date and do not conflict with other teams.
4. Assist in the management of athletic department cars and vans. Ensure department policies and procedures are followed specific to the scheduling of vehicle use, issuing of keys and EZ Passes, and vehicle maintenance.
5. Manage and maintain an inventory of athletic facility equipment. Oversee repairs as needed or coordinate the disposal of equipment that is no longer useful.
1. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree for an accredited institution required, preferably in Sports Management or a related field. • One to three years’ experience in an athletic administration setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. • Execllent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at once. • Ability to communicate and interact effectively with the Providence College community. • Willingness to work long hours, nights, and weekends.
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time • Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction • Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard • Communication skills using the spoken word • Ability to see within normal parameters • Ability to hear within normal range • Ability to move about • Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
What We Value
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a ...responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.