• Report to the Director of Athletics on issues related to athletic compliance and student-athlete eligibility, and be responsible for educating and training coaches and staff on all aspects of the rules and regulations for compliance within the current national affiliation. • Report to the Director of Athletics on issues related to Student Athlete academic issues and strategies for overall academic improvement/success • Assist in Game Day Supervision as needed
Academics and Eligibility • Provide academic and personal support for struggling, at-risk students athletes • Communicate and coordinate with faculty and other offices to support student athlete success. • Assist the Academic Dean with monitoring, scheduling, and supporting probationary students. • Run academic reports throughout the semester, and keep accurate athletic rosters in both ECP and the Keiser University system • Update ECP eligibility reports each semester, and work with FAR on submission of reports to TSC eligibility chair • Review and manage our PlayNAIA shortlist for accuracy and updated determinations • Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics • Run reports (weekly attendance, mid-term, class registration, etc.) to track student success, and notify Athletic Department administration, Academic Department, and coaches of any issues • Attend weekly Care Team meetings to address any campus/academic issues regarding student athletes
Champions of Character Liaison/Association of Student-Athletes Advisor • Responsible for nomination of awards and all Live 5 campus programming and department training • Track and help coordinate athletic department charity events and community involvement • Develop and implement a monthly schedule to incorporate Live 5 into game events and team activities • Responsible for updating the Champions of Character scorecard • Serve as the advisor for the Association of Student Athletes and ensure ASA activities incorporate Live 5 programming
Athletic Department Compliance: • Collect, review and evaluate information related to coaches’ recruiting of athletes, to ensure compliance with rules. • Coordinate and/or provide administrative support for coaches of all sports teams at Keiser University. • Develop policies and procedures to comply with Conference rules and regulations. Communicates the policies and procedures, monitors tracking reports and ongoing activity, direct and recommends action to correct deficiencies, and prepare various reports. • Monitor student financial aid eligibility and other Conference reports. Ensures athletic scholarships and financial aid is awarded properly and within the rules of the Conference and any other National Conference we may be affiliated with now and in the future. • Provide compliance program support and develop recommendations/conclusions for matters concerning student-athlete recruiting, rules education, and eligibility. • Assist in preparing the Title IX Equity in Athletics Report. • Develop an ongoing training program for coaches and new hire orientation/training for all FT and PT athletic new hires
We expect the Manager of Athletic Compliance and Eligibility to:
• Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Ability to work weekends or other extended time away from home.
• Have strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
• Have strong communication and organizational skills and can demonstrate ability to work independently.
Keiser University, is the Flagship/Residential Campus of the 17 Florida locations. KU is a Level VI, regionally accredited university by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Students are pursuing degrees in over 100 doctoral, specialist, master’s, bachelor’s, and associate fields. KU Athletics are a member of the NAIA and Sun Conference.