The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a well-qualified individual for our Director, Ticket Sales and Service.
Job duties include:
1. Lead, monitor and manage progress of sales and service teams towards goals and objectives. Responsible for daily supervision and training of customer service and sales teams. Collaboratively develop sales goals and implement ideas, programs and strategies to sell a variety of ticket products (season, mini plans, groups, etc.) for all ticketed sports. Further develop and continue to implement effective lead management strategy.
2. Monitor inbound and outbound customer activity and adapt to changes in call volume, emails or chats to effectively delegate to team; manage workload among service and sales teams. Ensure all service requests and sales inquiries are resolved in a timely manner. Resolve escalated issues in a timely and professional manner staying within the UTSA Athletics ticketing policies.
3. Ensure sales and service staffs have strong knowledge of fundraising, seat contributions and related benefits linked to seating assignments; understand ticket policies and procedures including (but not limited to) parking and seat assignment process, letterwinner ticket policies, stadium and venue policies, and donor loyalty point system.
4. Responsible for overseeing the consistent staff use, the accurate entry of data and account information into all related ticketing systems including CRM, Archtics, and other systems as needed. Collaborate with ticket office on ticket product renewal and sales timelines, setup of TSS ticketing system access including active seasons, products, pricing, and promotions.
5. Assist in the development of regular, efficient and effective sales reporting that includes but is not limited to individual sales, team progress toward goals, lead management, timely handling of phones, email, online leads, etc. Assist in the development of promotional calendars and ensure accurate team communication of promotional efforts to customers.
6. Constantly work to improve accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency in communicating with fans. Regularly monitor sales information on web for accuracy. Collaborate with and inform internal staffs regarding pricing changes and messaging regarding ticket sales calendars. Assist in the development of messaging designed to improve the fan experience and inform fans about ticket on sales, promotions, ticket policies, etc. Make decisions in the best interest of and in alignment with the goals of UTSA Athletics.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Communications
Required Experience and Other Skills
- Three years of experience in ticket sales and/or service to include two years of experience supervising full-time ticket staff members. - The ability to successfully and independently plan and manage projects at the strategic and operational levels, within prescribed deadlines - Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Preferred Experience and Other Skills
- Five years of experience in ticket sales and/or service. - Four years of experience supervising full-time ticket staff members. - Experience managing Ticket Sales and Services in a profit-driven department
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas Syste...m and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.