General Responsibilities: The Assistant Coach of Cross Country and Track & Field is responsible for assisting with the management, coaching and oversight of all phases of the program.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Coordinates the recruiting of student-athletes who have the ability and potential, athletically and academically, to achieve success at WBU. In that sense, the Coach serves as a recruiting officer of the University, attracting students to participate in the programs
2. A commitment to a Christian lifestyle and coaching from a Christian perspective is essential.
3. Assist in the planning, organizing and supervision of the Cross Country and Track & Field program.
4. Adhere to all policies and procedures of the NAIA, the Sooner Athletic Conference and WBU.
5. Arrange for the use of facilities and vehicles through the Athletics Director and Head Coach.
6. Assist with the keeping of records and upkeep of uniforms, equipment, and supplies issued during the season.
7. In the absence of the Head Coach be responsible for the team or portions of the team in both practice and competition.
8. Assist with the management and maintenance of all cross country, track & field venues and equipment.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Head Coach of Cross Country and Track & Field and Athletic Director.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. High School & College competitive experience is preferred.
2. Collegiate coaching experience in Track & Field is preferred.
3. Coaching experience in all sprinting events, jumps and hurdles is preferred
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
Please send this information to: Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources Wayland Baptist University - Plainview Campus 1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274 Plainview, TX 79072 Phone: (806) 291-3451 Fax: (806) 291-1981 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.