Provides support and assistance for the daily operations of Athletics Advancement/External Relations functions and initiatives. Assists in developing Viking Club infrastructure including engaging in stewardship, cultivation and solicitation of new and current members. Assists with mailings and communications, database management, gift processing, and planning and execution of all Viking Club events. Works evenings and weekends as required. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The performance of the duties outlined below must be carried out within the mission of the University: to help create an effective learning environment for students; to treat all persons with dignity and respect; and to actively demonstrate an attitude of willing service and teamwork.
1. Assists in developing Viking Club infrastructure with the intent to increase the donor base and dollars raised. Engages in stewardship, cultivation and solicitation of new and current members.
2. Participates in planning and execution of all Viking Club events, including Olympic sports, and men’s basketball game day activities. Attends athletic events in support of the Viking Club.
3. Manages Viking Club social media platforms.
4. Provides support and assistance for daily operations of Athletics Advancement/External Relations functions and initiatives, including: A. Assisting with mailing, database management and gift processing. B. Processing acknowledgements for gifts and pledges to the Viking Club C. Communicating with donors regarding gifts, parking, ticketing, Viking club priority point system, annual giving levels and matching gifts. D. Participating in annual fund solicitation. Making phone calls and cultivating prospects for new and renewal annual gifts. E. Assisting with customer service inquiries. F. Working with University Marketing/Media Relations to design/create promotional materials. G. Maintaining required records and files, ensuring confidentiality of donor information.
5. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in continuing education courses, professional organizations, seminars and workshops, reading current literature and maintaining professional contacts in the community.
6. Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree. Strong desire to work in the field of athletic advancement/external relations. Outstanding relationship building, social, verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively across a broad spectrum of internal and external constituencies. Ability to maintain confidentiality on a wide range of issues. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have PC experience utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience creating, posting and updating social media sites.
Additional Salary Information: Nine (9) Month Internship Position
Cleveland State University (CSU) is a comprehensive metropolitan university that provides a rich environment for engaged learning in an exciting and dynamic location. CSU’s campus consists of more than 85 acres and 40-plus buildings used for teaching, research, housing, administration, and recreation, and boasts the largest footprint in downtown Cleveland. Credited with transforming a portion of t...he downtown in recent years, the University’s $500 million “Building Block for the Future” initiative will continue to change the face of the campus and revitalize the area. Cleveland State University’s expansive growth and historic plans for future development truly solidify the University’s position as one of the most valuable engines for economic growth in the region. For more information about Cleveland State University, go to www.csuohio.edu.