The ASUN Conference is accepting applications for an internship for Championships. The 12-month temporary position will begin no later than September 1. Total 12-month stipend is $22,000. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Director of Championships. The ASUN is an equal opportunity employer. Female and minority applicants are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit a letter of application, resume and references via E-mail only to: Craig Threlkeld [firstname.lastname@example.org], Senior Director of Championships.
– Develop and disseminate pre-championship information to a variety of audiences (coaches, administrators, staff, officials, etc.).
– Aid with championship registration and calls/meetings (agendas, schedule of events, support materials).
– Contribute in the oversight of the championship sections of the ASUN and CCSA Websites.
– Travel to and provide on-site administrative support for specified ASUN and CCSA championships.
– Assist with post-championship evaluation process.
– Provide support in all aspects of ASUN Hall of Fame administration.
– Assistance with administration of ASUN and CCSA awards programs.
– Collaborate with Senior Director in the distribution of regular season event management guidelines.
– Participate in the monitoring of member contest times on officials’ websites.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree required; event management and/or sport administration experience is preferred.
– Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work on tight deadlines.
– Demonstrated expertise in written and oral communication and problem solving.
– Must be goal- and task-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
– Familiarity with the Google Platform desired.
– Ability to think innovatively in regards to process and/or event improvement.
The ASUN is an NCAA Division I conference with eight member institutions: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Florida, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University; the University of North Alabama will join effective July 1, 2018.