Internship Description: Southwestern Athletic Conference is accepting applications for a paid, 10-month (August - May) internship position in the Conference Championship department. Compensation for this position will be $14.42 per hour.
Purpose of the Job: To provide frontline support to the Director of Championships with the planning of all Conference championships and day-to-day operations of the department, as well as preparations for special events.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following: •Event Management •Production of Marketing Materials •Distribution of Championship and Tournament Information
Duties to include 1. Disseminating Pre-Championship Information to Member Institutions; 2. Disseminating Pre-Championship Information to Staff; 3. Assisting with Tournament Registration and Coaches Meetings; 4. Oversee Volunteers; 5. Assisting with Overseeing the Championship Section of the Website; 6. Assist with Awards Ceremony; 7. Assist with Post-Tournament Team Evaluations. 8. Assist with Post-Tournament Reports. 9. Assist with Overseeing Hall of Fame Process and Ceremony. 10. Responsible for Ordering and Disseminating Team Gifts and Awards. 11. Other duties assigned by the Commissioner.
Positive and Energetic Team Player with the Ability to Work Independently
Interested in Pursuing Career in Athletics
Working Knowledge of Word and Excel
Outgoing Individual with Outstanding Customer Relations Skills
Self-Starting with a Strong Work Ethic
Willingness to travel and work weekends
Bachelors degree (minimum)
Review of applicants will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references (including phone numbers and email addresses) to the Southwestern Athletic Conference attention Jasmine Quinn, Director of Championships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Southwestern Athletic Conference, Inc. (the "SWAC", the "Conference") is organized exclusively for the purpose of encouraging, promoting, advancing, and conducting intercollegiate sports activities and other recreational and not-for-profit activities among the members of the Conference. Its purposes are:
1. To uphold the principles of institutional control of, and responsibility for all col...legiate sports conducted by the members of this organization in conformity with the Constitution and Bylaws hereof;
2. To stimulate and improve intercollegiate athletic sports;
3. To comply with satisfactory standards of scholarship and amateur standing and good sportsmanship;
4. To preserve and maintain the collegiate athletic records of the members of the Southwestern Athletic Conference, and make them available upon request;
5. To cooperate with other amateur athletic organizations in the promotion and conduct of intercollegiate athletic contests;
6. To maintain fiscal management; and
7. To legislate through Bylaws or Resolutions on subjects of general concern to the membership.
The members of the conference are committed to the philosophy of maintaining intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the overall educational program. To this end, the conference believes in and subscribes to the fundamental principles of amateurism, institutional control, sound academic standards, financial aid, recruiting, and ethical conduct that governs intercollegiate athletics, and the enforcement of rules and regulations as adopted by the National Collegiate Athletic Association.