Maryville University, a NCAA Division II institution, member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference located in St. Louis, Missouri, is seeking applicants for STUNT Head Coach. The Head Coach reports to the Vice President of Athletics and Recreation and is responsible for managing all aspects of the STUNT programs. The head coach must make prospective student-athletes aware of all policies and procedures and be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students. The head coach must recruit players each season in accordance with Maryville University, Department of Athletics and NCAA rules and regulations.
Summary of responsibilities:
• Organization including managing the budget responsibly.
• Administration and coaching of the STUNT programs.
• Recruiting qualified student-athletes and monitoring student-athlete academic progress.
• Scheduling contests and practices; organizing travel and game day preparations.
• Promotes a favorable image of the University. Encourages surrounding community partnerships that enhance Maryville University.
• Fundraising for the STUNT programs.
• Oversee and administer STUNT camps . • Committing to University, Department of Athletics and NCAA rules and regulations.
Three to five years of directly related experience working with a relatively large and dynamic group of college students.
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Working knowledge of STUNT rules and guidelines
Knowledge or experience with STUNT, USA Cheer, ICU Worlds, UCA/UDA and/or NCA/NDA College National rules
Ability to recruit, supervise and evaluate student-athletes.
Maryville University is a selective, comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with more than 6,400 students. Maryville offers more than 100 degree degree programs at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels to students from 50 states and 47 countries. Consistently ranked as a top private school by Forbes and Kiplinger’s, Maryville was named the No. 1 Overperforming University ... in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for the past two years. Maryville’s athletics teams compete in 21 men’s and women’s sports at the Division II level in the Great Lakes Valley Conference. Founded in 1872, the University is ideally situated on 130 picturesque acres in West St. Louis County.