The head coach for men’s and women’s tennis is a full-time position which is responsible for all facets of an NCAA intercollegiate tennis teams. Concordia University is a member of the American Southwest Conference (ASC) and the NCAA Division III. The head coach will provide an environment that will support the holistic growth of the student-athlete as well as sustain a program of compliance with all institutional and NCAA regulations which results in long term team and individual success. This position will oversee all daily aspects of the sport and will participate as an active and positive member of the Department of Athletics.
* Responsible for organizing and leading a comprehensive program that consistently results in success defined as recruitment and retention of student-athletes, a positive student-athlete experience, and regular season, post season and individual player accomplishments;
* Provide discipline and expectations for student-athletes development to include study sessions, leadership development, diversity training, Title IX education, and the promotion of spiritual growth;
* Responsible for preparation and coordination for all tennis teams and individual practice sessions as needed to maximize athlete performance;
* Provides direct supervision to all assigned coaching staff, including volunteers;
* Ensure that an appropriate conditioning and strength program is designed and implemented during the designated NCAA season(s) and that a voluntary workout program is provided to all athletes for use outside designated season(s);
* Participate with the ASC in planning season schedules, including any scrimmages as appropriate, coordinating with the athletic director and other coaches as necessary to seek budget and travel efficiencies and avoid facilities/resource conflicts;
* In conjunction with the Director of Athletics, ensure that necessary game officials are requested in a timely manner and verify that game day requirements are completed or planned at least one day in prior to the competition date;
* Responsible for total recruiting effort which meets the roster requirements while seeking high quality student athletes;
* Work in conjunction with the director to budget and to manage expenses within the approved sport(s) budget to meet the needs of the program while complying with all institutional policies regarding accounts and expense reporting;
* Coordinate fundraising efforts to supplement program growth;
* Coordinate the use of all athletics facilities needed for the program with the athletic director, and as needed, arrange for off-campus facilities to be used with the approval of the athletic director;
* Conduct a program within the NCAA Division III and ASC rules to include bylaws and sportsmanship;
* Assist the coordinator for compliance and the athletic trainer in verification of roster accuracy and medical documentation; Support student-athlete academic success;
* Represent the University in a professional and positive manor within the campus, community and conference meetings;
* In coordination with the sports information director ensure that all team and athlete recognitions, season records, individual statistics and team statistics are kept current and accurate and ensure that necessary statistical reports are provided to the NCAA, conference, or regional coordinators;
* Serve as a game-day administrator for assigned home athletic contests;
* Responsible for performing duties as assigned by the athletic director;
* Required attendance at athletic department, University meetings and functions as required;
* Develop and oversee a program of productive youth summer camps.
Concordia University Texas is an award-winning institution of higher education, offering undergraduate, graduate and an Accelerated Degree Program for adult students. The main campus is located in Northwest Austin on 389 acres with four university centers in central Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Online classes are offered for some programs. A privately-held, accredited, liber...al arts university, Concordia is under the auspices of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. It is a member of the highly respected Concordia University System in which more than 31,000 students are enrolled nationwide.