Appalachian State University, a member of the Sun Belt Conference and sponsor of 20 Division I sports, is seeking applications for the full-time position of Director of Broadcast Operations.
Reporting to the Associate Athletic Director for Strategic Communications, the Director of Broadcast Operations will work to produce compelling, high-quality, comprehensive broadcasts and feature videos for App State Athletics, appstatesports.com and other media. The position’s duties include:
- Management and oversight of APPVISION & live video production for App State Athletics.
- Supervision and production of videos for department use as needed (student-athlete features, highlight packages, social media & promotional content, banquet videos, development videos).
- Coordinating talent and production staff for all TV & video production (APPVISION, ESPN3, video boards, and appstatesports.com).
- Overseeing all operational aspects of game broadcasts and productions.
- Managing operational budget for broadcast operations.
- Maintaining video equipment and facilities.
- Supervising television coaches show production.
- Oversight of three additional video positons.
- Serving as a liaison and resource for the Appalachian Sports Network.
- Strategically planning to meet future needs of video operations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate A.D. for Strategic Communications, the Executive Team, and Director of Athletics.
- Commitment to and compliance with the University’s and Department of Athletics policies and procedures as well as the Southern Conference and NCAA constitutions, bylaws, legislation and regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Must have experience as a television producer as well as use of digital editing equipment and audio production. Experience with live production equipment, shooting in various formats (DSLR included), Adobe video and design software, Sidearm video streaming, and Daktronics production software preferred. Must have excellent organizational skills. Must be able to travel significantly and work long hours, if needed.
Candidates must fill out an application at http://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/15789. A cover letter, resume and a list of three references are required and can be attached to the application. Review of applicants will begin immediately.
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation. Appalachian Athletics promotes an inclusive culture that fosters equitable participation for student-athletes and equitable career opportunities for coaches, administrators and support staff from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Individuals with disabilities may request accommodations in the application process by contacting Troy Heustess at 828-262-7768.
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University's receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience.
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of northwestern North Carolina, Appalachian State University has built a national reputation for providing outstanding academics. With a student/faculty ratio of 17:1 and an average class size of 25, faculty members are able to take a personal interest in student progress, often becoming mentors, advisers, and friends - even tennis partners. That can only happen... in a close-knit community.Nestled at the base of Howard's Knob, the university is located in downtown Boone, NC (year-round pop. 15,000), a small town which thrives as one of the Southeast's premier tourism and outdoor recreation destinations. The nearby Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest provide a beautiful natural setting with unlimited possibilities for outdoor adventure.Appalachian is a public institution and part of The University of North Carolina System.